Graduate – Online Master of Science in International Policy Management (MSIPM)
The Master of Science in International Policy Management (MSIPM) builds on Kennesaw State’s long-standing commitment to global education. This online program is taught by a dedicated team of internationally-recognized faculty. You can complete the 11-course (33 credit hour) curriculum in as few as 20 months.
An Employment-Focused Curriculum
The MSIPM degree is designed with your potential employers - and employment - in mind.
- You’ll develop the analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills that employers want.
- You complete a curriculum that focuses on key political, legal, cultural, and economic features of the global policy environment.
- This program is ideally suited for different types of students, whether you are a recent college graduate preparing for your first job or a working professional with public, private, or nongovernmental experience who is seeking career advancement.
- A background in political science or international affairs is not required.
Profession-Focused International Experience
- You will interact with global decision-makers during a Maymester study abroad to Geneva, Switzerland.
- You will meet with policy professionals at many of the world's major international organizations, including the United Nations, World Trade Organization, and World Health Organization.
- You’ll see how your academic work applies in the real world. Students have used study visit to arrange Geneva-based internships.
Online Course Delivery
The 100% online course delivery model means the International Policy Management program provides the flexibility you want (or need).
- You can complete your coursework from anywhere, even abroad.
- IPM students have completed the program from places as diverse as Colombia, Kenya, and Iran.
You will take all your courses with the students who start the program with you – from beginning to end. The togetherness cultivates a sense of community and common purpose that research demonstrates leads to better educational outcomes.
Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowship
If you are a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV), you may be eligible for a Coverdell Fellowship.
- Coverdell Fellows receive a tuition waiver that covers most classes and a financial stipend, in exchange for part-time employment as a graduate research assistant.
- The GRE requirement is waived for RPCVs.
- The program offers Graduate Research Assistantships to Peace Corps Fellows for up to four academic semesters.
- For more information see, Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows Program
International Policy Management Salary and Career Information
Public Relations Manager
Median Salary: National $135,580; Georgia $111,380
Job Growth by 2030: National 12.6%; Georgia 22.5%
*All Sources: U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, ZipRecruiter, Burning Glass.
MSIPM Degree Benefits at Kennesaw State
- Employment-focused curriculum designed to prepare leaders in the private and public sectors.
- Profession-focused international study trip to Geneva, Switzerland.
- 100% online course delivery.
- Cohort-based learning environment.
- Coverdell Fellowship opportunity for qualified returned Peace Corps volunteers.
Department Contact Information
Master of Science in International Policy Management
Kennesaw State University
Social Sciences Building (402), Rm 5047
Driving Directions and Parking
KSU Campus Maps
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (M-F)
Phone: (470) 578-6227
Fax: (470) 578-9152
Interim Director, Master's Program in International Policy Management and Professor of Political Science
School of Government & International Affairs
402 Bartow Ave, MB#2205
Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
International Policy Management Quick Links
Related KSU Degrees
1Program tuition is an estimate based on the average student's time to complete. Costs for books, travel, other miscellaneous fees (parking, labs, graduation, etc.) are not included. Tuition and fee changes are posted in the Spring and are effective for Fall semester. Please note that fees are subject to change at the end of any academic term without prior notice. For additional information, see tuition and fees or graduate program financial aid.